Even busy people want beautiful yards to spend their downtime in. Unfortunately, people with busy lifestyles and hectic schedules don’t have the time to keep up with extensive or high-maintenance backyard landscape designs. But a busy lifestyle doesn’t mean having to sacrifice the outdoor oasis of your dreams. The following seven tips can help homeowners create a backyard landscape design that requires little maintenance.
- Choose plants that are native to your region. Exotic plants, or those that are not native to your region, will require a lot of additional care to keep alive.
- Avoid clutter in your backyard landscape design. Not only does too much clutter look tacky, but it makes general maintenance tasks like mowing, weeding, etc. more difficult.
- Keep flower beds, which require additional work, to a minimum. Consider only lining your home’s exterior with them instead of placing them throughout your yard.
- Install sprinkler systems that will water your flower beds and lawn for you. This simple tip can save you an hour or more of work each week.
- Create walkways through well-used paths through your yard to minimize lawn damage. This might include creating walkways from the house to the driveway, shed, and the sidewalk in front of your home. Some homes may have other well-used pathways.
- Consider rock gardens instead of flower beds to line your home with. The use of rocks in varying shapes, sizes, and colors can be incredibly appealing. Rock gardens also require little to no effort, whereas flower beds require a moderate amount of effort to maintain.
- Hire a professional landscaping company to take care of your backyard landscape design and maintenance for you. This frees up all or most of the time you’d otherwise dedicate to the care of your lawn.
For more information on backyard landscape design or to hire a professional landscaping company to assist with your backyard, contact us today.